505 Mission Street
South Pasadena,
CA 91030
Phone: (626) 799-6585

Ask Our Lawyers

If you have any questions for our lawyers, leave your email and we will contact you as soon as possible, or call our office at (626) 799-6585

Frequent questions

If you have questions, review this section, answers may be useful.
What to do if an immigration agent arrives at your home?

Don't open the door and stay calm. Remember that you are a person who has rights. If you do not speak English, ask for an interpreter so that you can make yourself understood.

If they are immigration agents, ask them if they have a warrant signed by a judge if they say yes, ask them to show it either through a window or pass it under the door. If you are arrested, keep quiet and don't resist. Ask the rest of the family to remain silent and calm.

Do not sign any documents and ask to speak to a lawyer. It is important to mention that an immigration and customs enforcement (ICE) administrative order, (Forms I-200,I-206), is not a warrant to enter your home without your consent. Always have the name and phone number of your immigration attorney on hand.

Is the first consultation with the lawyer free?

The consultation has a cost of $150, and if we take your case that amount will be credited to the contract.

If I want to make an appointment with the lawyer Arévalo or Romero, does it take many days to obtain it?

It will depend on the lawyer's schedule, and appointments are usually scheduled within two weeks.

If I go to a consultation and make the payment, but I don't agree or like the advice I get, do I get my money back?

The online payment of consultations are not refundable, since the response of lawyers are based on our knowledge of the law, and the time spent providing the legal advice to the client.

How long does it take after I have permanent residence to become a U.S. citizen?

Generally you can apply for U.S. citizenship after five years as a legal permanent resident of the United States, in some cases it can be before five years, through consultation we can determine the answer to a specific case.

Can you tell me how much it would cost to apply for political asylum?

Through a confidential consultation, you can be given an estimated price, remember that each case is different.

If I have a work permit, can I travel outside the U.S. and return without having problems re-entering the U.S.?

U.S. immigration law, allows some persons with pending cases to apply for a permit to travel outside the U.S. The travel permit may be requested in cases of an emergency due to the affairs of a sick relative, a death, or other situations that must be proven. In our offices we can help you with the process.

Standing Out for Over 35 Years

Follow @ArevaloandRomero on FB and IG

Arevalo & Romero, LLP.
505 Mission Street, South Pasadena, CA 91030
© Copyright - All Rights Reserved